Thursday, May 1, 2008

DailyLit: Reading For Very Busy People

I love DailyLit, a website that serializes books (both free and copyrighted) via e-mail or RSS. It's a great service that enables me to read books, in byte size pieces, in the free minutes I have in my busy day that is otherwise wasted.

I'm using DailyLit to read some of the classics that I've been meaning to read but never had the wherewithal to start. I'm reading four in particular:
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
  • Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
Hefty books all. I think I'm all set until 2010. :-)

Though DailyLit is a great source for classic literature, the selection of non-fiction books, especially history, is much to be desired. My ideal website would be to combine DailyLit's functionality with Project Gutenberg's vast library. The ultimate literary mash-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment